Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

Me and my boyfriend need some legal advise he is naturalized…

Customer Question
Hi me and my...

Hi me and my boyfriend need some legal advise he is naturalized us citizen then cam back in philippines and get married but they been seperated for years now and want a divorce

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?

Not yet we want to know what to do process so we can get married

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Not yet we need one actually hes in us now wife in philippines and im in dubai

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Nothing else thats all. ok

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
my boyfriend is naturalized us citizen then get married in philippines with a filipina wife.
want a divorce now can we file it without attending court hearing will it be recognize in philippines as well? can we get married after that in philippines? or any other country. how long is the process please.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
11/13/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 8 months ago
Nisha Jones

Good morning, I am an Immigration Law attorney and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office, and I'll be answering your questions today. Keep in mind this is for informational purposes only and we do not have an attorney-client relationship. Please allow me just a few minutes to review your question, thank you!

Immigration Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 8 months ago

I reviewed your question and I'm happy to help.

I see that you requested a phone call, just follow the link I sent you above, and that will allow us to get set up for the call.

Just to clarify -- is your boyfriend currently still married? Or has he received an official divorce decree from the courts?