Immigration Law

Immigration Law Questions? Ask an Immigration Lawyer.

Immigration Law

My Daughter is waiting for immigrant visa. Her case is F2A

Hi, JA: Hi. How can I...
JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: My Daughter is waiting for immigrant visa. Her case is F2A and her Priority date is October 5 2015. It has been current since October 1st of this year
JA: What steps has your daughter taken? Has she filed any paperwork with the U.S. government?
Customer: Her case is complete and is at NVC waiting for Interview date
JA: Has your daughter talked to a lawyer about the visa?
Customer: Nope
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Well Interview date has not been set up and it has been more than a month since her case became current
11/13/2017
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney

Hello, my name is***** & I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. I'm reviewing your question and will be with you in a few minutes.

Has she already sent in all the NVC required documents and filled out all necessary NVC forms?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Her case is complete per NVC and now we are just waiting for Interview date. Her case is F2A
Priority date 10/07/15
Birthdate 05/16/1996
Case became current in October this year
Do you think she will age out if they don't call her for interview ?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Are you there ?

Yes sir/madam. I am here. It takes me a few minutes to write out an answer for you.

If her case is complete, it should just be a couple of months while they transfer her file from NVC to the local US embassy for an interview. I do not think she will age out before the interview. She still has many months before that.

However, if she happen to turn 21, she can still subtract from her age, however long it took for her I-130 to be approved.

Good luck to you and I hope this answer has helped you.

Please kindly click "Finish by RATING" and choose a rating from the STARS ★★★★★. The question will NOT finish or close after you click and rate me. DON'T WORRY. It will stay OPEN after you rate me and I can continue to answer your follow up questions at no additional charge, if you have any.

The stars are very important. If you don't RATE , I receive zero credit for my time with you. Hopefully you can rate me 3 stars or more. 5 stars rating is the best!

Again, if you have additional follow up questions for me, please ask and I will be happy to clarify. Your satisfaction is my #1 goal.

Any bonus you feel I earned is always very appreciated. For any NEW questions you have in the future that you would like only me to answer, you can begin the new post with the words "FOR JEN."

Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney