Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I am a member in Just answer. I am currently under TPS

Customer Question
Hello I am a member in...
Hello
I am a member in Just answer. I am currently under TPS temporary protected status for Syria. The work authorization I have ends in March 2018, I don't have hopes on the renewal of TPS for Syrians for next year 2018-2019. That is why I feel I have to work towards waiving my 2 years back rule of J-1 visa so when TPS is not renewed I can apply for another status. I am about to get married to an American citizen. Also i have a stable job at the university. These two facts can help me move from J-1 to another status but first I have to waive the 2 years. I already wrote my personal statement about the two year back rule and I need someone to take a look at it and help me review it.Sincerely
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/12/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney replied 8 months ago
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney

Hello, my name is***** & I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. I'm reviewing your question and will be with you in a few minutes.

I forgot to add that my J-1 visa was designated because i got a fulbright scholarship which has hard standards for waiving the 2 years rule
Thx

Yes, I can review it for you, but it is difficult. It would be a separate fee to review this.

Okay so to review the statement how much would it cost?

I will send you the offer.

Thank you so much
I think this offer will not work for me
Sincerely
Reema

I apologize if you believe it's too much, but this would take at least an hour of our time. This can usually be $250-500 for any attorney. How much were you looking to pay?