Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

How can I deport my husband coz I think he just married me…

Customer Question
How can I deport...

How can I deport my husband coz I think he just married me for green card

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?

I don't have any evidence

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No..I can't afford to pay a lawyer.im a single mom and just work for minimim

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Wages

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
11/12/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney replied 9 months ago
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney

Hello, my name is***** & I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. I'm reviewing your question and will be with you in a few minutes.

Does he already have the permanent 10 year green card?

Why do you believe this? What proof do you have?

Since we got his green card he change..he do his own thing and I do my own..and plus our marriage is not working

he have a 10 yrs green card
He got here on sept 16,2017
Hello
Hello what should I do..

Yes, thank you for the information. I am preparing your response.

Are you still there

Yes. Please be patient. I am preparing your response.

It will be difficult because your spouse already has his 10 year green card, but if you believe that that your spouse married you only for an immigration benefit, then you can report them. They will be investigated and the Department of Homeland Security will decide if he did marry you only for this. You will need to provide any evidence at all that you have in order for them to form a stronger case against him. This is where you will call to report him and give all information you have.

If they agree, they could possibly try to revoke his green card. Call to report at htis number 1***-***-****

You can read more about it here:

https://www.ice.gov/sites/default/files/documents/Document/2016/marriageFraudBrochure.pdf

Good luck to you and I hope this answer has helped you.

Please kindly click "Finish by RATING" and choose a rating from the STARS ★★★★★. The question will NOT finish or close after you click and rate me. DON'T WORRY. It will stay OPEN after you rate me and I can continue to answer your follow up questions at no additional charge, if you have any.

The stars are very important. If you don't RATE , I receive zero credit for my time with you. Hopefully you can rate me 3 stars or more. 5 stars rating is the best!

Again, if you have additional follow up questions for me, please ask and I will be happy to clarify. Your satisfaction is my #1 goal.

Any bonus you feel I earned is always very appreciated. For any NEW questions you have in the future that you would like only me to answer, you can begin the new post with the words "FOR JEN."