Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I am on f1 visa as student in USA and I would like to invest…

Customer Question
I am on f1 visa...
I am on f1 visa as student in USA and I would like to invest money in business. I am aware that i am not allowed to involve in day to day activities, but simply invest and draw profits.I guess I was not allowed to register a company on my name and run business because of visa status, but I can invest? am i right? if i am not allowed to register my own company, I have another idea
I have a friend, who is US citizen, retired from government jobs and interested in starting a business with llc or partnership. He has very limited amount to invest. the investment estimate is $50000. my friend will investment a nominal amount that required to handle a llc company and remaining amount I want to invest.accounting and payroll will be managed by certified accountant.because I am investing major share, how can i secure the amount in terms of partnerships. because of my visa status I may not allowed to sign on business checks for day to day activities and accounting. is that right?.my concern is, how can i legally in good grip on the business and investment, even if my friend tries to cheat me?
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
11/12/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney replied 8 months ago
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 15 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

You can register a company in your name and you can invest in it, you just cannot be involved in the day to day or I would say even the week to week activities.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, you may have to scroll up to the top of the page or click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney replied 7 months ago

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Thank you for your kindness and respect. Good luck to you.