Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I left florida 2007 on vacation as a card holder took ill my…

Customer Question
I left florida 2007...

I left florida 2007 on vacation as a green card holder took ill my wife followed and stayed in uk as of uncertain to travel by family doctors in short can I return with wife and reactivate green cards

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken? Has any paperwork been filed with the U.S. government?

None at present

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?

No im I would like to contact one but who

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Expat for 20 yrs in florida left 2007

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
11/12/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 7 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

You need top go to U.S. Embassy and apply for a "returning resident visa." This would help to show that you did not intend to abandon your Permanent Resident Status. Then while in the U.S.A, you can apply for renewal of your cards.

Best wishes,

A positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Im still in uk so how can i reaply for g cards can u bemore clear please

You have to go to the Embassy first to obtain returning resident visa. Then once in the U.S.A., you can apply for a replacement Green Card with USCIS.