Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I have a document from a person in Ghana that says shes

Customer Question
I have a document...

I have a document from a person in Ghana that says shes coming to live with me pernamentely in California.She gave me this document saying it is frmo Phana imigration waything that all Ghana leaving tyo go to US or otehrr palexs must have 4,000-6l000 lon them when theyget to airport. I have docuement can you verify if this is leagal or not

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps has she taken? Has she filed any paperwork with the U.S. government?

I actuall y think she might be from the US orginally bnht she has ghana id

Lawyer's Assistant: Has she talked to a lawyer about this?

No, she sad the agency that perpared her trip and fioghts and all called her to come in toget this docment today whenshe is suppose tyo fly outon Sudayu evening

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I only want to know if this is a real document otherwsese -m probalby bneing scamemd

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
11/10/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Zoey, JD, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Lawyer

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

She is a scammer. If she was born in the US, she is a US citizen and she does not need any kind of a visa or to show any kind of money to come home. Also, she wouldn't be dealing with Ghana immigration to get a visa to visit the US but with US immigration. She's counting on you not to understand enough about immigration to swallow her lies.

If she was not born in the US but is a Ghanaian citizen, she can only qualify for a visa that would allow her to remain here permanently under very limited situations. What kind of a visa does she claim she has that would allow her to remain here? Can you upload the document to this question thread?

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.