Immigration Law

Immigration Law Questions? Ask an Immigration Lawyer.

Immigration Law

What is the cost of obtaining dual citizenship? U.S.

What is the cost of...
What is the cost of obtaining dual citizenship?
JA: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?
Customer: U.S. citizen, mother born in mexico, unknown father.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No I have not./
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not at this time.
11/8/2017
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney

Hello, my name is***** & I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. I'm reviewing your question and will be with you in a few minutes.

In order to obtain Mexican citizenship, there is no fee. It is free unless you want additional copies of the certificate they will give you, which would be $12 each. To start you must go to the Mexican consulate website and you must fill out the forms and mail them in with proof of your birth and your parents citizenship. They will call you and let you know if anything is missing and eventually you will have to go to an appointment at the consulate and take all the original documents and they will give you the certificate there. It takes a few weeks for this process.

Good luck to you and I hope this answer has helped you.

Please kindly click "Finish by RATING" and choose a rating from the STARS ★★★★★. The question will NOT finish or close after you click and rate me. DON'T WORRY. It will stay OPEN after you rate me and I can continue to answer your follow up questions at no additional charge, if you have any.

The stars are very important. If you don't RATE , I receive zero credit for my time with you. Hopefully you can rate me 3 stars or more. 5 stars rating is the best!

Again, if you have additional follow up questions for me, please ask and I will be happy to clarify. Your satisfaction is my #1 goal.

Any bonus you feel I earned is always very appreciated. For any NEW questions you have in the future that you would like only me to answer, you can begin the new post with the words "FOR JEN."

Did you get my reply?

Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
THANKS, ***** *****
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney