Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I've been married 5 years my husband is russian - we want…

Customer Question
Hi I've been married...

Hi I've been married 5 years my husband is russian - we want his us citizenship but I was traveling for work and we missed two appointments and he has been denied now - is there anyway to get this done fast and easy we've been married five years can we hire someone or pay for a service that will just handle this for us?

Lawyer's Assistant: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?

Its been denied because we missed two appointments

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not really we just want to get this done

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
11/7/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney replied 6 months ago
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney

Hello, my name is***** & I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. I'm reviewing your question and will be with you in a few minutes.

I'm afraid I will have bad news for you about this. I hope you can understand that I don't make the laws and I can't change them. All I can do is answer your questions honestly.

You can hire and attorney to submit the application for you and receive all documents on your behalf, but there is no way for your husband to avoid going to the interview. He needs to be interviewed personally and pass the test to get his citizenship. There is an option to ask for expedited processing when you apply but it's approved on a case by case basis and usually you need to have a compelling reason such as a medical issue or criminal issue that requires citizenship> Otherwise it will be processed normally. You don't lose anything in asking if they'll expedite by writing it in a cover letter on top of application when you re-mail it.

Good luck to you and I hope this answer has helped you.

Please kindly click "Finish by RATING" and choose a rating from the STARS ★★★★★. The question will NOT finish or close after you click and rate me. DON'T WORRY. It will stay OPEN after you rate me and I can continue to answer your follow up questions at no additional charge, if you have any.

The stars are very important. If you don't RATE , I receive zero credit for my time with you. Hopefully you can rate me 3 stars or more. 5 stars rating is the best!

Again, if you have additional follow up questions for me, please ask and I will be happy to clarify. Your satisfaction is my #1 goal.

Any bonus you feel I earned is always very appreciated. For any NEW questions you have in the future that you would like only me to answer, you can begin the new post with the words "FOR JEN."

Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney