Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I have an immigration question regarding the n-400 form.

Customer Question
Hello. I have an...

Hello. I have an immigration question regarding the n-400 form

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?

This is for my wife. Everything is finished except for the n-400 which I have an issue with

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes. The only problem is that my wife is a permanent resident, with A SSN but was registered to vote, and unknowing that it was illegal, voted in multiple elections. I’m working to have her removed from voters registration but fear problems.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
11/7/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney replied 6 months ago
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney

Hello, my name is***** & I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. I'm reviewing your question and will be with you in a few minutes.

The best thing I can tell you about this is not to apply for citizenship. It is illegal to pass herself off as a US citizen and illegal to vote. There is no waiver or way to forgive it. Her green card can be taken away and she can be put into deportation proceedings. I have seen it happen. There is no way to do it unless she lies on her N-400 about it and that is even worse. Because if they find out she's lying, they can do all of the above PLUS also accuse her of misrepresentation.

If you submit the N-400, this can definitely bring issues. It is up to you. I'm sorry, I wish I had better news. I hope you can understand that I must be honest and that I can't control the law. I can only explain it to you.

Good luck to you and I hope this answer has helped you.

Please kindly click "Finish by RATING" and choose a rating from the STARS ★★★★★. The question will NOT finish or close after you click and rate me. DON'T WORRY. It will stay OPEN after you rate me and I can continue to answer your follow up questions at no additional charge, if you have any.

The stars are very important. If you don't RATE , I receive zero credit for my time with you. Hopefully you can rate me 3 stars or more. 5 stars rating is the best!

Again, if you have additional follow up questions for me, please ask and I will be happy to clarify. Your satisfaction is my #1 goal.

Any bonus you feel I earned is always very appreciated. For any NEW questions you have in the future that you would like only me to answer, you can begin the new post with the words "FOR JEN."

Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney