Immigration Law

Immigration Law Questions? Ask an Immigration Lawyer.

Immigration Law

Scared to go for immigrant visa interview. Lawyer handle the…

Scared to go for...

Scared to go for immigrant visa interview

Lawyer's Assistant: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?

Yes

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Lawyer handle the case I just need a second opinion

11/7/2017
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney

Hello, my name is***** & I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. I'm reviewing your question and will be with you in a few minutes.

Please tell me your situation and why you are scared?

My 601a waiver was approved but am scared to go for the interview because in 2000 I was granted a us visa for the U.S. Virgin Islands but I did not travel on it cause where I had to stay the person had an emergency so I went to Canada to visit my aunt and entered the us without inspection
I don’t want to be denied I am afraid the consular office will not approve me because of this

If your I-601A is approved, you should not have an issue because of this as long as you did not commit visa fraud to get the visa. If you were given the visa honestly, but you just did not use it, that is not illegal. It is just a shame that you did not enter on the visa if you had one because if you got one for the virgin islands, it would have worked for anywhere in the US. It is the same visa.

Good luck to you and I hope this answer has helped you.

Please kindly click "Finish by RATING" and choose a rating from the STARS ★★★★★. The question will NOT finish or close after you click and rate me. DON'T WORRY. It will stay OPEN after you rate me and I can continue to answer your follow up questions at no additional charge, if you have any.

The stars are very important. If you don't RATE , I receive zero credit for my time with you. Hopefully you can rate me 3 stars or more. 5 stars rating is the best!

Again, if you have additional follow up questions for me, please ask and I will be happy to clarify. Your satisfaction is my #1 goal.

Any bonus you feel I earned is always very appreciated. For any NEW questions you have in the future that you would like only me to answer, you can begin the new post with the words "FOR JEN."

Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
On my ds 260 form the question that ask have you ever been refused or denied a us visa I said yes I have which is the truth and where it said to explain I stated in 1992 I was denied a us visa but I was refused twice but I can only remember the one in 1992 is that going to be a problem when I go for my interview

You can explain in the interview that you were refused twice but do not remember details of the other time.

Thank you

You're welcome.

Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney