Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

An applicant applied for citizenship. The applicant never…

Hello!An applicant applied for citizenship...
Hello!An applicant applied for citizenship. The applicant never received the biometrics notice until 4 months after it was scheduled. The application center conducted the applicants biometrics. A few months after this, the applicant’s USCIS status states that the applicants oath ceremony has been scheduled and mailed out to applicant.What is the general timeline of the process? I believe the citizenship exams should be prior to the oath ceremony being scheduled, but I’m not sure.Could you please provide me with all steps in the N-400 process?
10/21/2017
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney

Hello, my name is***** & I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. I'm reviewing your question and will be with you in a few minutes.

You are correct. The interview is before the oath ceremony. There has been a mixup.

The steps are :Filing the application, receive Receipt notice in the mail, receive biometrics appointment, attend biometrics, receive N-400 interview date, attend interview and take exam, if pass- then you are given oath ceremony date, attend oath ceremony and swear in and be given certificate of naturalization.

The person should call USCIS immediately to let them know about this issue and ask for a second tier representative.

Good luck to you and I hope this answer has helped you.

Please kindly click "Finish by RATING" and choose a rating from the STARS ★★★★★. The question will NOT finish or close after you click and rate me. DON'T WORRY. It will stay OPEN after you rate me and I can continue to answer your follow up questions at no additional charge, if you have any.

The stars are very important. If you don't RATE , I receive zero credit for my time with you. Hopefully you can rate me 3 stars or more. 5 stars rating is the best!

Again, if you have additional follow up questions for me, please ask and I will be happy to clarify. Your satisfaction is my #1 goal.

Any bonus you feel I earned is always very appreciated. For any NEW questions you have in the future that you would like only me to answer, you can begin the new post with the words "FOR JEN."

--------

Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Thank you so much!
Is the English and civics test taken at the same time at the interview?

Yes, it is. Everything is done the same day. :)

Thank you!!

You're welcome.