Immigration Law

Immigration Law Questions? Ask an Immigration Lawyer.

Immigration Law

Ok. So I have a relative that tried to enter the US (without…

For Guillermo, Ok. So I have...
For Guillermo,
Ok. So I have a relative that tried to enter the US (without inspection) back in 4/10/97. She got caught by the border patrol and was sent back. She tried to enter the US again a week later and was successful. She does not have a criminal record and did not leave the country afterwards. Her US Citizen brother petitioned for her in 09/26/1997. She want's to apply for adjustment under section 245(I) (Her priority date is now current). However, my question is....will she need to apply for a I-690 Application for Waiver of Grounds of Inadmissibility because she was "previously removed"? Your clarification is appreciated.
10/19/2017
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer

I don't believe she needs that because she was not removed, she was excluded. If you go through her paperwork and see "deportation" then an I-690 might be needed. Let me know if you need anything else, but please do not forget that positive rating. Thank you!

Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Thank you for the clarification.

My pleasure!

Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.