Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

Ok. So I have a relative that tried to enter the US (without…

For Guillermo, Ok. So I have...
For Guillermo,
Ok. So I have a relative that tried to enter the US (without inspection) back in 4/10/97. She got caught by the border patrol and was sent back. She tried to enter the US again a week later and was successful. She does not have a criminal record and did not leave the country afterwards. Her US Citizen brother petitioned for her in 09/26/1997. She want's to apply for adjustment under section 245(I) (Her priority date is now current). However, my question is....will she need to apply for a I-690 Application for Waiver of Grounds of Inadmissibility because she was "previously removed"? Your clarification is appreciated.
10/19/2017
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney

I don't believe she needs that because she was not removed, she was excluded. If you go through her paperwork and see "deportation" then an I-690 might be needed. Let me know if you need anything else, but please do not forget that positive rating. Thank you!

Thank you for the clarification.

My pleasure!