Immigration Law

Immigration Law Questions? Ask an Immigration Lawyer.

Immigration Law

Can form 1040 be submitted to immigration when filling for

ok, can form 1040 be...
ok, can form 1040 be submitted to immigration when filling for my husband
JA: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?
Customer: yes
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: nothing
10/18/2017
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions. I am reviewing it and will post your answer momentarily.

Welcome to JustAnswer! I have 34 years experience as an immigration attorney and I am here to help resolve your immigration issue. Tackling these issues can sometimes get confusing. Should you need to chat on the phone or document review, I am able to do that for an additional cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested.

Is your husband filing for his green card here in the US or at the consulate in home country?

Judith

Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer
Phone call session started

She only needs to attach the 1040 AND W2 for 2016.

If she cannot find the W2 she needs to get a tax transcript from IRS.

She may get a Request for Evidence asking for 2017 earnings and she can submit pay stubs from her jobs from 2017 because they show year to date total income on each payroll check.

If her income this year is below 125% poverty level she will need to complete the I864 and also a joint sponsor needs to complete an I-864.

Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer