Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I was informed It is $1225 for the I-485 which includes the…

For Nisha Jones) I was...
For Nisha Jones) I was informed It is $1225 for the I-485 which includes the fee for the I-131 and I-765.
Does the form I-485 cover both I-131 and I-765?
If so, does that mean that the I-131 and I-765 do not have to be submitted separately once the I-485 is filed?
10/8/2017
Nisha Jones

Good afternoon Pascal! Just a reminder this is for informational purposes only and we do not have an attorney-client relationship.

Give me just a moment to type up my response for you, thanks!

If you are filing for the I-131 or I-765 along with an I-485 adjustment of status, then no you do not need to pay the filing fees for the I-131 or I-765.

If you're sending the 131 and 765 in at the same time that you submit the 485, you don't need to include anything else but the forms.

However if you end up filling out and sending in the 131 and 765 later, then you'll need to include a copy of your 797 receipt notice for your 485 with the forms, to avoid having to pay the additional filing fees.

I hope that helps!

Please let me know if you have any other questions. Also, please take a moment to rate me using the stars at the top of the page, as it's the only way experts are compensated for our time on the site. I do not receive a salary here at JustAnswer, and am only compensated for my time after receiving a rating of 3 stars or more (5 stars are always appreciated). The question won't close after rating, so you can still ask follow-up questions after. Thanks, ***** ***** it!

Nisha, thank you for the prompt reply. What other forms does the I-485 cover?

That's it.

There is no filing fee for the 693 or the 864.

I hope that helps!

Please remember to take a moment to leave a positive rating for me, thank you!

Nisha Jones