Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

3 days before I travel to Usa and the officer revoked my…

Customer Question
3 days before I...

3 days before I travel to Usa and the officer revoked my visa

Lawyer's Assistant: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
10/6/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney replied 10 months ago
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 15 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

Please give me a few minutes to review your question and I will be right with you with an answer. Sorry for any delay. I may have to do some research and at the same time I read and type fast, but not that fast! Thank you for your patience.

Hi
Can u send me your number I can call u

Sorry for the delay. I just ask that if it is bad news that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

It is an extra fee for a phone call, but we can continue here without an additional fee. Did they give you a reason as to why the revoked the visa? What type of visa was it?

B1-B2
Sorry for delay

No problem, but did they give you a reason for denial?

They ask many questions but they had already decided to send back
Later they revoked

But what kind of questions did they ask? What were they not satisfied with? Most of those cases are denied because they think the person doesn't have enough ties to their home and may be at risk of wanting to stay in the U.S.

Ok. So what do you want to know?

Is there any way to appeal

Unfortunately, no, there is no appeal for that process. All you can do is file all over again with more and stronger evidence. They usually like for a person to wait around 6 months before they apply again because the officer just doesn't think that enough will have changed. What types of ties do you have to your home country that are staying behind that will almost guarantee that you will go back? Do you have a spouse and/or minor children that do not have visas and will not get visas that will stay behind? Do you have an awesome job with a higher salary than normal that you would not abandon? Do you own and operate a successful business that you need to be there to run? Do you own property that is not easily sold?

All this is thier
4 children Wife property bussiness

And did you apply for visas for your spouse and children at the same time?

I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through.

Did you apply for visas for your spouse and children at the same time?

sir

Well, that was one of the problems. Can you tell me why? If you can tell me why it is a problem for all of you to come to the U.S. together, then you will understand why they denied you.

I was alone my family was not with me

No. That's not the reason. Aren't some of your ties back home your family? If your immediately family goes with you, are they really ties back home? IF you were planning to stay illegally in the U.S., wouldn't it be easier if your spouse and minor children went with you? And wouldn't it be harder for you to stay in the U.S. if you had to abandon your spouse and children because they did not have visas to come to the U.S.?

Unfortunately, all you can do is apply again and this time with stronger evidence of your ties to your home. If all of your family apply with you, then it would be less chance that you will be approved because some of your ties are going with you. Here are some links to some articles:

https://www.us-immigration.com/blog/how-to-show-ties-to-home-country-during-a-visa-interview

http://www.immigratetoamerica.org/how-to-show-strong-ties-to-home-country-while-getting-a-visa/

http://www.breakthroughusa.com/z/home-ties-guidehow-do-you-establish-close-ties-to-homesummary/

https://www.quora.com/How-can-you-prove-you-have-ties-in-your-home-country-when-applying-for-a-B1-B2-visa

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, you may have to scroll up to the top of the page or click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!