Immigration Law

Immigration Law Questions? Ask an Immigration Lawyer.

Immigration Law

I am currently working for company A and my I 94 is valid

till sept 2018.At the time...
I am currently working for company A and my I 94 is valid till sept 2018.At the time of transfer this company didn’t extend my spouse H4 I94 and it is going to expire 15 Oct 2017.I asked them and they file the extension and it is pending as of now from last one month they file it in August 2017 well before time.Question is –I am planning to transfer H1B to company B and they will file H1B transfer probably in Nov /Dec 2017 and I asked them to file I539 h4 extension along with transfer but what will happen if employers A withdraw pending extension from USICS?a)Should I wait for extension to approve before H1b transfer it is taking long 5 to 6 months.
b) Should I file one more application I539 without letting my current employer know so I am safe if they withdraw?
c)I asked company B to file h4 extension but there will be one month gap i.e they will file in Nov and h4 I94 are till 15 oct?d)I am good as i already file their extension before I94 expiry and that show good intent no matter if it is withdraw.Please advice what to do in this case?
10/5/2017
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 15 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

Please give me a few minutes to review your question and I will be right with you with an answer. Sorry for any delay. I may have to do some research and at the same time I read and type fast, but not that fast! Thank you for your patience.

Sorry for the delay. I just ask that if it is bad news that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

Your spouse's I-539 should be approved as long as you are still in valid H-1B. So even if A withdraws, what could happen is that they just wait to see if B's petition for you gets approved before approving you spouse's.

a) You don't have to.

b) No. A can withdraw your H-1B but not the I-539.

c) Don't worry about that. The I-539 should remain pending.

d) Yes.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, you may have to scroll up to the top of the page or click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks Sir,
So What i get that I no need to do anything as they can not withdraw I539 and it will be pending status even if h1B is withdrawn as USICS can search for new H1B transfer request and attach that with filed I539 right?Also I should ask my new employer to file H4 I539 along with transfer?Thanks

Yes, correct But no, there is no need for the new employer to file a new I-539 because there is one that is already pending.

Let me know if you need anything else, but please do not forget to rate me positively. You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see the stars or smiley faces, please scroll to the top of the page to see them or click on my name and they should come out. Also, we do NOT finish just because it says "Rate to Finish" or something like that. Your question does NOT close and you can continue to ask questions without additional charge on the same question thread even after you leave a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding!

Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.

Thank you for the positive rating. If you would like to request me in the future for a different topic, please remember to put FOR GUILLERMO in the subject line and message box. Good luck to you!

Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.