Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

My brother in in Vietnam and has an interview in three days.

Customer Question
He has already submitted an...
My brother in in Vietnam and has an interview in three days. He has already submitted an affidavit of support to the NVC, paid fee and has a confirmed they have it, I read that if he already did this he will not need the document i-864. But when we received a notice it mentions everything you should have to prepare for it. I can't find a copy of this document I-864 anywhere.. can you please guide me.. I just need a photo copy.
His NVC number is. HMC2017624006.
I will pay whatever fee for this service..
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
10/5/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Laura Schonberg, Immigration Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Laura Schonberg
Laura Schonberg, Immigration Lawyer
Hi, my name is ***** ***** I'm an immigration attorney based in FL..I would like to help you answering your question...
Is your brothe applying for an immigrant visa, and are you the sponsor?
The I-864 is the Affidavit of Support. Usually, if you petition for a relative for them to obtain an immigrant visa you first file an I-130, and later when this is approved and his priority date is current he will have to file the Affidavit of Support to the NVC before he can have the interview at the consulate, so I assume you have done this already....
He has his interview on the 6th of this month has everything required but. document cover sheet for the affidavit of support? That's all they need to check off the last on the interview
Go to the NVC website and login into his account and you will see if all the documents were submitted https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/Submit_documents.html
Usually, the NVC sends the petitioner or agent a letter with the cover sheet to send back to them with the documents requested...
ma'am. He's completely done.. we just want to be 100% prepared and missing this one affidavit of support cover sheet
The cover sheet is for them to match it with the correct file...check if you can re-print it in the NVC website ...is likely you sent it back to the NVC together with the documents
He never received that if I'm not wrong... he's acrros the world in Vietnam. I will pay any fee you charge for this consultation if you can help me find this cover sheet again. My brother isn't on top of these documents so I'm afraid his son and wife will be denied for something so small..
Do you remember if you submitted the I-864 Affidavit of support to the NVC? If you did, you don't need to worry about it...
We did, and we paid the 120$. With proof of W2s etc. also I just got married to an international student on a visa. I want to file the I-130. With complete package for work permit and temp SS card.
Can I call you?
Can you call to my office tomorrow noon?
I will call you Mrs.
Schonberg
Will you be able to find this photocopy for me and charge me first before providing it to me?
I can try to login into the NVC account if you have your credentials and see what docuement where submitted. If it shows the I-864 was submitted you don't need to worry about the cover letter really. The cover letter is just to match the documents to the file....but the I-864 is the document that must be filed.
Thank you so much.. Mrs. Schonberg. I will be calling you for my process with my fiancé soon..
With pleasure. As I said, I'm an attorney licensed in FL practicing immigration law exclusively. I will be happy to assist you in any immigration related filing or representation. I look forward to speaking with you. If you don't mind, Please, take a few minutes to rate my service. I really appreciate it and it helps me to continue working to improve!
But I never accepted the 53 dollar fee I will be disputing it..
Hi, I have not received a call from you. If you still need assistance please let me know how can I help. Thank you,