Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I filed I-130 for my spouse and child and it was received on…

Customer Question
I filed I-130 for my...
I filed I-130 for my spouse and child and it was received on April 28th 2017 by USCIS. The USCIS website says starting April 28th, they will accept February 27th 2017 edition but My lawyer submitted the I-130 with December 23rd 2016 edition. I got the receipt notice.What is the grace period USCISallow for using old edition?I got the receipt notice, does it mean that it is accepted?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
10/4/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 7 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

The time frame for accepting the old editions are specifically stated by USCIS. The 2016 editions are accepted until February 21, 2017.

If your Attorney used the old forms, you may receive a notice to refile the applications. However, if you do not receive any additional notice, that means that the old forms have been accepted.

Goodluck with your case,

A positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law