Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I want to know if I can have dual citizenship. I am a

Customer Question
I want to know...

I want to know if I can have dual citizenship. I am a British subject and would like dual with USA. My daughter has it but not my son due to the date she was born, but that was many years ago and I am sure by now that has changed or expanded. I was born in 1943.

Lawyer's Assistant: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?

I have a green card, I have been in this country since August 15, 1951.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No, I just want to know if this is possible then if so I will start the process.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
10/3/2017
Immigration Lawyer: legalgems, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer
while they require allegiance they do not compel renouncement. Please seehttps://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal-considerations/us-citizenship-laws-policies/citizenship-and-dual-nationality/dual-nationality.htmlTo enter the US the party would need their US passport.Here is the policy that permits thisfam.state.gov/fam/07fam/07fam0080.html
https://fam.state.gov/fam/07fam/07fam0080.htmlI hope this helps!
Further questions please post here otherwise kindly rate positively. Thank you.
legalgems
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer