Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I live in italy, I want my daughters study in USA, WHAT

Customer Question
I live in italy...

I live in italy, I want my daughters study in USA, WHAT SHOULD I DO?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?

NOT YET

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

NO

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/3/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 10 months ago
Nisha Jones

Good afternoon, I am an Immigration Law attorney and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office, and I'll be answering your questions today. Keep in mind this is for informational purposes only and we do not have an attorney-client relationship. Please allow me just a few minutes to review your question, thank you!

Immigration Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 10 months ago

I've reviewed your question, and I'm happy to help. Give me just a few minutes to type up my response for you. Thanks!

Immigration Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 10 months ago

Your daughter can apply for an F-1 student visa. This will allow her to attend school in the US.

She'll first need to apply and be admitted into an SEVP approved school.

Then once admitted, she will receive an I-20 from her school, and can apply for an F1 visa through the US consulate or embassy in Italy.

She'll need to bring the following documents to her visa interview:

• A valid passport
  • The Nonimmigrant Visa Application, Form DS-160
  • The application fee payment receipt
  • A passport photo
  • A Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant (F-1) Student Status (Form 1-20)

You can search for SEVP approved schools here:

https://www.internationalstudent.com/school-search/usa/

I hope that helps!

Please let me know if you have any other questions. Also, please take a moment to rate me using the stars at the top of the page, as it's the only way experts are compensated for our time on the site. I do not receive a salary here at JustAnswer, and am only compensated for my time after receiving a rating of 3 stars or more (5 stars are always appreciated). The question won't close after rating, so you can still ask follow-up questions after. Thanks, ***** ***** it!

Immigration Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 10 months ago

Hi! Just checking in to see if you have any more questions? I hope I was able to address all of your concerns. Please let me know, I'm here to help. Thanks!