Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I am on H1b visa and have applied for AOS based on

Customer Question
Hi, i am on H1b...
Hi, i am on H1b visa and have applied for AOS based on immigration. I was having EAD and AP which got approved on 5/22/2016 based on my pending I-485 which i never used is lost. Now, if i want to switch from H1 to immigration EAD what is the procedure of filing for replacement ead and ap. Is it necessary to apply for both ead and ap for replacement or just ead is ok. what are the steps, documents which i need to send
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
10/3/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney replied 7 months ago
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 15 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

Please give me a few minutes to review your question and I will be right with you with an answer. Sorry for any delay. I may have to do some research and at the same time I read and type fast, but not that fast! Thank you for your patience.

u there

Sorry for the delay. I just ask that if it is bad news that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

What is the basis of your AOS? And you got a combo card that had both AP and EAD on it? Will you need the AP any time soon?

my basis of AOS is my F4 category brother sister immigration based GC got current. Hence i applied for AOS in Oct 2015. Yes i did received a combo card which i lost.I am not in need of AP soon

Then for now, just file the I-765 asking for a replacement card stating that you lost the previous one in a simple cover letter. A full filing fee is required but not the biometrics fee. You can still file the I-131 as well, but you would have to also pay the full fee, just not the biometrics fee.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, you may have to scroll up to the top of the page or click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

1. What are the documents needed for EAD replacement
Form G-1145, 2 color photos, copy of i-485 pending, copy of ead approval notice, copy of H1b, driving license , Cover Letter, Fees (How much and how to pay), anything else where do i need to send these documents

The G-1143 is not required. The copy of the H-1B and drivers license are not required. The rest of your list is fine. The fee for just the I-765 with no biometrics is $410. You can make a check or money order or cashiers check made out to "U.S. Department of Homeland Security." As to where to file:

USCIS Chicago Lockbox

For U.S. Postal Service (USPS) First-Class and Priority Mail Express deliveries:

USCIS
Attn: FBAS
P.O. Box 805887
Chicago, IL###-##-####/p>

For overnight/courier deliveries (non-USPS):

USCIS
Attn: FBAS
131 South Dearborn-3rd Floor
Chicago, IL###-##-####/p>

I recommend sending certified return receipt so that you have evidence that they received it.

Let me know if you need anything else, but please do not forget to rate me positively. You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see the stars or smiley faces, please scroll to the top of the page to see them or click on my name and they should come out. Also, we do NOT finish just because it says "Rate to Finish" or something like that. Your question does NOT close and you can continue to ask questions without additional charge on the same question thread even after you leave a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding!

If i want to apply for both EAD and AP, what Fees, will it be a single cashier's check, what other documents?
Form G-1145(do we need that as we already included in EAD application), I-131, 2 color Pictures(do we need that as we already included in EAD application), copy of i-485 pending (do we need that)

It's $575 with the Advance Parole. I personally like to write separate checks. It would go to the same address as the I-765. Also add two more passport-style pictures, but that should be it.

Let me know if you need anything else, but please do not forget that positive rating. Thank you!

My EAD is expiring on 5/22/2018 when can I apply for renewal? At that time i don't need to pay anything right?

Usually 90 days before expiration, but no more than 6 months before expiration. And no, you would not have to pay a fee for a renewal.

am i eligible to apply for renewal on 11/22/17 as my ead is expiring on 5/22/18. can i just wait for a month and apply in that case, i don't need to provide ead copy ya. i can say it's lost

Then that's fine. Apply for renewal some time in December just to be on the safe side.

Please don't forget that positive rating. I only keep mentioning it because if you can believe it, about 30% to 40% of people on this site don't leave a positive rating and since I am not given a salary to be here, it's as if I spent my time responding for free. So you can understand, that's like working 40 hours per week, 5 days a week and not being compensated for every Friday and most Thursdays. That's the only reason I keep mentioning it. Sorry if it is a bother as it is not my intention. If you don't see the stars by my name, I think all you have to do is scroll to the top of the page or click on my name and they will come out. Thank you for your understanding.