Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

If she has the receipt notice with the receipt number, she…

Customer Question
Hi Rebecca, Lawyer's Assistant:...

Hi Rebecca,

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?

Yes, If she has the receipt notice with the receipt  number, she can call USCIS and inquire as to the status and state her spouse's H-1B was filed via premium processing and has been approve My husband has filed H1B via premium proprrcessing and have has been approved We filed together in Feb But recently I contacted USCIS and they said they placed my case on hold and they are waiting fro the security checks

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No, thanks

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/3/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Nisha Jones, Esq., Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Nisha Jones, Esq.

Good morning, I am an Immigration Law attorney and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office, and I'll be answering your questions today. Keep in mind this is for informational purposes only and we do not have an attorney-client relationship. Please allow me just a few minutes to review your question, thank you!

I'm sorry to hear you've been experiencing delays with your H-visa petition.

Unfortunately there's not much you can do to speed this along. Receiving security clearance is part of the process for approval.

Do you have any outstanding or ongoing legal cases?

If so, that could be part of the reason for the delay. Obtaining a final case disposition and sending it in to USCIS could help speed the process along.

If not, then unfortunately there is not much you can do but wait for USCIS to receive clearance on the security checks, which hopefully will happen soon.

I hope that helps!

Please let me know if you have any other questions. Also, please take a moment to rate me using the stars at the top of the page, as it's the only way experts are compensated for our time on the site. I do not receive a salary here at JustAnswer, and am only compensated for my time after receiving a rating of 3 stars or more (5 stars are always appreciated). The question won't close after rating, so you can still ask follow-up questions after. Thanks, ***** ***** it!

Hi! Just checking in to see if you have any more questions? I hope I was able to address all of your concerns. Please let me know, I'm here to help. Thanks!

Nisha Jones, Esq.
Nisha Jones, Esq.
Nisha Jones, Esq., Lawyer