Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

Am contacting you for and advise about my brother. Am in…

Customer Question
Hi my name is...

Hi my name is ***** ***** contacting you for and advise about my brother

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Am in north dakota but he was arrested in ohio

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Not yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes he actually came in the US legally but now he's visa is expired i dont want him to be deported

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
10/2/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney replied 10 months ago
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 15 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

Please give me a few minutes to review your question and I will be right with you with an answer. Sorry for any delay. I may have to do some research and at the same time I read and type fast, but not that fast! Thank you for your patience.

Sorry for the delay. I just ask that if it is bad news that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

If he is out of status, he is deportable from the U.S. If he is convicted of a serious enough crime, it will make him a priority for deportation. Please remember to not shoot the messenger because it looks like it will not be good news. What was the visa that he used to enter the U.S.? When did his status expire? Why was he arrested? What country is he from?

I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through.