Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

My fiance has all her paperwork in order. She is ready to…

Customer Question
My fiance has all...

My fiance has all her paperwork in order. She is ready to fly but she just got an great offer to study for her teacher certification. What do I need to do to extend the K1 from November 6th to April? I know there is a letter involved, but I can't find any other details about the limits, restrictions, can the K1 be extended after it expires? how long can it be expired for? Can you help?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because education law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

This is immigration and K1 is a fiance visa

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No I have not.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
10/2/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney replied 8 months ago
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 15 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

Please give me a few minutes to review your question and I will be right with you with an answer. Sorry for any delay. I may have to do some research and at the same time I read and type fast, but not that fast! Thank you for your patience.

Sorry for the delay. I just ask that if it is bad news that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

Are you saying that the K-1 has been granted but she has not used it to enter the U.S. yet?

Ely, Counselor at Law