Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

My friend came from Brazil for a vacation, and her Father…

Customer Question
My friend came from...

My friend came from Brazil for a vacation, and her Father had a surgery so she went home... Her Father is alright now and she wants to come back and finish her Vacation. It has been 5 months since she first arrived, and is worried that she will be told she has to go home

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?

No because the Visa is a 6th month stay Visa

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Yes an Immigration Attorney

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Only that she is afraid that she will be randRandomly selected to ho through her stuff and sent back home, though she has a return ticket for 10 days, so I don't personally think she should worry!

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
10/1/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 10 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am not sure why she should be worried if she has a valid visa and has her return ticket. In any event, the only thing she can do under the circumstances is to attempt to come back in and then see what happens.

Best wishes,