Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

MY Son-In-Law, Daughter and Grandson who are Brazilian filed…

Customer Question
MY Son-In-Law, Daughter and...

MY Son-In-Law, Daughter and Grandson who are Brazilian filed for Travel VISA to visit my wife and I between Christmas and New Years and was turned down. Very disappointed as a Vietnam Veteran I can not believe how complicated the process is. US Consulate in Brazil never gave any reason for not granting Travel VISA. Is the a special process to follow.

Lawyer's Assistant: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?

I sent the following to the US Consulate:

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

From:***@******.*** [mailto***@******.***]
Sent: Tuesday, September 26, 2017 6:13 PM
To: ***** ***** Visa
Subject: Att: Michael Garrote
Attention:
Michael Garrote
US Consulate General Sao Paulo
Sao Paulo, BrazilReference:
Matheus Oliveira Egawa - Confirmation: AA0075T42E - Brazil Passport: FT302343
Gabrieli Oliveira Egawa - Confirmation: AA0075ZQT2 - Brazil Passport: FT302344
Joao Henrique Oliveira Egawa - Confirmation: AAOO76CUF6 - Brazil Passport: FT302342On September 22nd my Son-In-Law (Matheus Oliveira Egawa), Daughter-In-Law (Gabrieli Oliveira Egawa) and Grandson (Joao Henrique Oliveira Egawa) attended B-1/B-2 Visa interview 8:30 am at US Consulate General Sao Paulo. I invited Matheus, Gabrieli and Joan to spend Christmas and New Years with my wife and I here in Jonesborough, Tennessee. I am a 62 year old Vietnam Veteran and Chemical Engineer working for Coventya, Inc. - Brooklyn Heights, Ohio. My SS:###-##-#### My GLOBAL ENTRY #983593279. Born in New York on March 7th, 1955. Practicing Christian and member at New Salem Baptist Church - Limestone, Tennessee. To insure financial support during there visit here in the US, I provided a signed financial responsibility document. I was disappointed in the results of the interview as I thought all required documents were provided. Please advise what additional supporting documents are required as I would like them to reschedule another interview. I appreciate your attention.Best Regards, *****

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Can a lawyer help in this situation?

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
9/30/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney replied 10 months ago
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney

Hello, my name is***** & I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. I'm reviewing your question and will be with you in a few minutes.

Thanks

Hi Raymond- I'm so sorry that this happened to your family. Unfortunately it is a difficult process to get a tourist visa B1/B2 for families especially in this political environment. It's also unlikely that the consulate will reply to your letter. I have one question. You said your daughter is also Brazilian. Are you a US citizen? If so, why is your daughter not a US citizen?

This is my second marriage. My wife is Brazilian. She has Green Card

Ok, so it is your stepdaughter. Thanks for clarifying. Has your wife petitioned for her daughter- in other words does she have a family petition pending for her daughter? I ask because it can be related.

Please let me know if you need me to clarify

Hello.. once I have your response, I can help you.