Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I have this girl in Mexico wanting to travel here to

Customer Question
Hi! I have this...

Hi! I have this girl in Mexico wanting to travel here to Chicago. Does she need visa? And I'm Canadian and might marry her! Been permanent resident since 65. can I marry her?

Lawyer's Assistant: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?

Permanent Resident from Canada! Just applied for birth certificate and in mail to me. Then i want Canadian passpot

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Can I keep her here without American citizen?

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
9/29/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney replied 10 months ago
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney

Hello, my name is***** & I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. I'm reviewing your question and will be with you in a few minutes.

Yes, Mexican citizens needs a visa to travel to the US from Mexico.

Yes, you can marry her if you'd like but if she does not have a visa to travel to the US then you would need to travel to Mexico or another country to marry her.

I am not sure what you mean by keep her here without American citizen. Please explain this question. Thanks.