Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

A quick reminder: I am a US citizen, filed for my family who…

Customer Question
Hi againa quick reminder:I am...
Hi againa quick reminder:I am a US citizen, filed for my family who are in Yemen (Mom, wife and 3 children)My mothers case was approved faster than my wife's and children, the status is as follow:
Mother: Appointment of interview issued (11/14/17 US embassy in Djibouti)
Wife and children: Forms DS-260 submitted and all documents mailed a week ago to NVC (NVC probably takes up to 11 weeks to review documents and send to US embassy)Question: Can you help me writing the correct words to request expedite the other 4 cases and have them merged with my Mom's interview appointment date? specially that it is going to be hard for my Mom to travel alone from Yemen to Djibouti to attend interview.
Also, do you think President Trump's ban will affect the interview appointment?Thank you
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
9/29/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney replied 8 months ago
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 15 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

Please give me a few minutes to review your question and I will be right with you with an answer. Sorry for any delay. I may have to do some research and at the same time I read and type fast, but not that fast! Thank you for your patience.

Sorry for the delay. I just ask that if it is bad news that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

I cannot write it for you, but I can review the letter that you write and give you tips and guide you. Would that be acceptable? If so, write it out (without the names of your family for privacy) and post it here and I will review and comment. Also, keep in mind that they could just simply say as a response that your mother has 6 months in which to use the immigrant visa to travel to the U.S., so she can wait up to 6 months to see if the rest of your family receive their visas.

Hello. Are you writing the letter for me to review?

I am sorry, I thought I will be talking to the same lawyer I used to talk to and who has a full knowledge of my cases already. Would it be possible to be talking to her directly?

I could opt out if you like, but I doubt she would write a letter for you. Just let me know.

Mr Senmartin,Could you please cancel the serviceThank you

I'll Opt Out. Maybe Jen Marie will respond. You really need to understand that we attorneys go to school for three additional years and mostly acquire around $100,000 or more in student loans. Our hourly rates are a minimum of $150 an hour. Sometimes run into plumbers that charge $100 an hour and I'm like "WHAT?!?!" Not disrespecting what they do, but come on! You aren't going to find a more economic way to communicate with a licensed and experienced professional. There is a saying in Spanish, "Lo barato sale caro." Use Google Translate. Good luck to you.