Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

My Husband and I have our I-751 ready for submission in a…

Customer Question
My Husband and I...

My Husband and I have our I-751 ready for submission in a day or two. We have more than enough substantial evidence to go along with the forms. A list is as follows:

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?

 Copy of our Apartment Lease Contract with joint occupancy
 Copies of rent statements showing same address
 Copy of Driver’s Licenses showing the same address
 Copies of the cable bills showing the same address
 Copies of the Dominion electricity bills showing the same address
 Copy of Joint Renter’s Insurance
 Copy of our joint Health Insurance with Aetna
 Copy of Benefits Enrollment Statement with Spouse as Beneficiary of Basic Life Insurance and Accident Plan
 Copy of ***** *****cock 401(K) Beneficiary Information
 Copies of recent statements from our Wells Fargo joint checking account (This account is primarily used by the couple for paying utility, house cleaning, grocery, and transferring money for each other when needed)
 Copies of the Titles of our cars, showing joint ownership
 Copy of Car Insurance showing us as insured
 Letter from the GEICO Car Insurance Company with us listed as drivers and/or named insureds for the Car Insurance policy
 Copy of the Employer’s Benefits Enrollment Portal showing Petitioner’s Spouse and Mother-In-Law as Emergency Contacts in the United States
 Copy of Costco Annual Renewal Notice showing joint membership
 Copy of Sam’s Membership cards (Back) showing joint membership
 Copy of joint Netflix Account
 Copies of our Tax Returns for 2015 and 2016
 Copy of our Pay Statements for 2015 and 2016
 Three sworn affidavits by U.S. citizen friends, attesting to our relationship and marriage
 Photographs from a family Thanksgiving brunch in 2015, annual Halloween party in 2015 and 2016, family game night in 2016.
 Copies of couple’s relationship, family gatherings, parties, events, and whereabouts on Social Media (Facebook) from 2015 till present.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

We filed it with an Immigration Attorney when applying for the Green Card for the first time.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

To submit a petition to remove the Conditional Residence, we are filing it ourselves but have been asking questions via email every now and then.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
9/28/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney replied 7 months ago
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 15 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

Please give me a few minutes to review your question and I will be right with you with an answer. Sorry for any delay. I may have to do some research and at the same time I read and type fast, but not that fast! Thank you for your patience.

Sorry for the delay. I just ask that if it is bad news that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

The list looks good, but make sure that things that you get every month, that you submit such from every 2 or 3 months of the relationship since the first green card was approved, not just from the last few months. What else would you like to know?

I see that you do not have any further questions. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, you may have to scroll up to the top of the page or click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.