Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

How much does this cost first of all? secondly Im looking to…

Customer Question
Hello! how much does...

Hello! how much does this cost first of all? secondly Im looking to suspend my application to pursue an adjustment of status

Lawyer's Assistant: It can cost anywhere from $10 to $100, depending on the type of issue and how much of the Immigration Lawyer's time your question is expected to take (how complex and lengthy an answer you require). Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?

Yes (I589, and Work auth)

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Currently applying for a J1 waiver

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
9/28/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Expert James, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
Expert James
Expert James, Lawyer

Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is***** have over 12 years of legal experience.

During this conversation, you might experience some delays while I work with several customers at the same time, or I am preparing a response to you. Please do not click Opt Out expecting a faster response. This results in more delays while waiting for another Expert. I assure you I will help you in due time. Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding.

Thank you. So what do you think about my questions?

Hi again,

As I said in my original response, it might take some time to respond, as we are working with several customers at the same time. Each time you respond, your question goes to the bottom of my list, causing you further delays. Your patience and understanding are very much appreciated.

Before I can proceed, are you clear about the costs of this service?

I am not. Is this by text or this conversation as a whole? Please explain how I am being charged

You are not charged for each text or response. You are charged for the entire conversation. I use this site like you do so I do not have access to the billing information. For that, you would need to talk to someone in customer service.

Also, any offer for a phone call that you receive is automatically generated. I did not send it to you and you are not required to accept it unless you want to talk on the phone.

Would you like to proceed?

Do you want to continue this question?

No. Thank you.