Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I'm going to renew my DACA, and I got married 4 months ago,

Customer Question
I'm going to renew...

I'm going to renew my DACA, and I got married 4 months ago, I havent change my last name, and would like to have my new documents with my married name. is it possible to do this?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
9/27/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney replied 8 months ago
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 15 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

Please give me a few minutes to review your question and I will be right with you with an answer. Sorry for any delay. I may have to do some research and at the same time I read and type fast, but not that fast! Thank you for your patience.

Sorry for the delay. I just ask that if it is bad news that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

Did your marriage certificate legally change your name? Sometimes they do, sometimes they do not. You may have to check with the clerk of the court to make sure.

Ely, Counselor at Law