Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I am here in the US for a visiting Visa. I just want to know…

Customer Question
Good Morning Lawyer's Assistant:...

Good Morning

Lawyer's Assistant: Hello. How can I help?

I am here in the US for a visiting Visa

Lawyer's Assistant: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I just want to know how to get a Visa sponsorship job

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
9/27/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 8 months ago
Nisha Jones

Good morning, I am an Immigration Law attorney and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office, and I'll be answering your questions today. Keep in mind this is for informational purposes only and we do not have an attorney-client relationship. Please allow me just a few minutes to review your question, thank you!

ok
How can i get a work permit in the US?
Immigration Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 8 months ago

I've reviewed your question and I'm happy to help.

Give me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thanks!

Immigration Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 8 months ago

A work permit is applied for using USCIS Form I-765.

You can read more about that, and find the form and instructions here:

https://www.uscis.gov/i-765

However, since you are here on a tourist visa you are not permitted to work in the US.

Tourist visas are meant for temporary, non-employment based visits to the US, and as such working on a tourist visa is prohibited under US immigration laws.

In reference to an employment based visa those are known as an H1B visa.

This is used if you have an advanced degree or otherwise specialized training in your particular field.

The H1B must be petitioned for by the employer, not yourself. That means you first have to find an employer in your field who is willing to hire, and proceed with immigration paperwork sponsorship, and then your application can be filed.

Once you do that and your application is granted, at the end of your term on the H1B visa, the employer has the option to file a petition for your permanent residency.

You can find more information here:
https://www.uscis.gov/working-united-states/temporary-workers/h-1b-specialty-occupations-dod-cooperative-research-and-development-project-workers-and-fashion-models

I hope that helps!

Please let me know if you have any other questions. Also, please take a moment to rate me using the stars at the top of the page, as it's the only way experts are compensated for our time on the site. I do not receive a salary here at JustAnswer, and am only compensated for my time after receiving a rating of 3 stars or more (5 stars are always appreciated). The question won't close after rating, so you can still ask follow-up questions after. Thanks, ***** ***** it!

Thanks,
But i know all these before. how much will be charged for this? i thought it is $5 but i am seeing $47.
Please if that is the amount charged for this information it should be refunded.
Thank you
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney replied 8 months ago
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 15 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

I am a new expert. I am not sure why the previous expert opted out, but I will try to assist you. From my understanding (as an independent contractor of the site), the $5 is just a deposit to initiate the process, but once an attorney expert is engaged, the fee is higher, which I assume is $47 in your case. Honestly, to communicate directly with a licensed and experienced attorney, $47 is very reasonable considering that if you were to do it the traditional way, you would have to call in, make an appointment, miss time from work, most likely, maybe pay parking and maybe pay a consultation fee of $100 or much more. So understanding that, don't you think $47 is reasonable? What other questions do you have?

I need a refund that's all.
Thank you

That's a shame. It's unreasonable to think you would get top-notch legal help for $5, but no worries. I will inform the administrators and believe me, they will quickly refund your money. They are VERY good about customer service. Sorry for the misunderstanding and inconvenience. Good luck.