Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

Immigration

Customer Question
Immigration Lawyer's Assistant: Have...

Immigration

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?

Yes

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
9/26/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney replied 8 months ago
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney

Hello, my name is***** & I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. I'm reviewing your question and will be with you in a few minutes.

My employer had recently filed my h1-b visa extension petition but the LCA was filed wrongly as me getting paid level 1 wage whereas i am at level 3. We received a Level 1 RFE now asking as to how I get paid level 1 when my job responsibilities are higher. Can the LCA or h1-b petition be amended now or is it better to file a new petition with correct LCA?

A certified LCA cannot be amended. . If the mistake is on the LCA, then your employer can amend the petition. This is something that your employer and their attorney should be worried about. It should not fall on your shoulders.

Good luck to you and I hope this answer has helped you!

Please kindly click "Finish by RATING" and choose a rating from the STARS ★★★★★. The question will NOT finish or close after you click and rate me. DON'T WORRY! It will stay OPEN after you rate me and I can continue to answer your follow up questions for you at no additional charge, if you have any.

Hopefully you feel you can rate me 3 stars or more. 5 stars rating is the best! The stars are very important. If you don't RATE , I receive zero credit for my time with you.

If you have additional follow up questions that you would like to ask me, again please click Finish and rate me and then ask me and I will be happy to clarify. Your satisfaction is my #1 goal.

Any bonus you feel I earned is always welcomed and very appreciated. For any NEW questions you have in the future, you can make sure that I am the only one that answers it for you by writing the words "FOR JEN" in your new post.

I am just worried that if they mess up the RFE response process, I'll become out of status? Is it better to file a new petition with a new LCA or is it still possible to fix the current petition without risking an eventual denial saying since the LCA where the mistake was initially made can't be amended any more?
For Jen

It is possible to amend it the petition but it may be better to refile correctly. Speak to your employer and attorney about this for the best course in your case.

I hope this has helped. Best of luck.