Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I will be resigning from my current company who is the

sponsor of my H1B petition...
I will be resigning from my current company who is the sponsor of my H1B petition
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/26/2017
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions. I am reviewing it and will post your answer momentarily.

Welcome to JustAnswer! I have 34 years experience as an immigration attorney and I am here to help resolve your immigration issue. Tackling these issues can sometimes get confusing. Should you need to chat on the phone or document review, I am able to do that for an additional cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested.

What is your question?

Judith

My current employer is my sponsor of H1B petition. Once I resign from my current company , company will inform to USCIS. I am at present outside US. My qs is can my next employer file a new application using reference of my current petition under CAP exempt category.

To be clear, you have been employed under the cap H1B petition. Therefore, if a new employer wishes to file a petition for you then you would not be subject to the quota again. You may use what is called "remainder time" under the previously filed H1B petition for up to the 6 year limitation.

You will not be able to return on the H1B until the new petition is approved.

I hope that helps! Please let me know if you have any other questions. I appreciate this opportunity to help you. I do not receive a salary here at JustAnswer, and am only compensated for my time after receiving a rating. If you are very satisfied with my answer please take a moment to click on the 5 stars at the top of the page. The question thread remains open and you can ask follow-up questions.

Judith

Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer