Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

Tell me about INA 329 and G-639

Customer Question
....
Tell me about INA 329 and G-639 .
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
I am a Viet Nam vet, with 21years in the military.
9/26/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney replied 7 months ago
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney

Hello, my name is***** & I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. I'm reviewing your question and will be with you in a few minutes.

What are you trying to find out?

As a Combat Vet what is the best way to approach getting my citizenship?

are you a permanent resident now?

1951

Since you have been a permanent resident since 1951, you can immediately apply for citizenship as long as you have spent at least half of the last 5 years inside the US and you don't have any trips of 6 months or longer. You must also not have been convicted of certain offenses and must be up to date on taxes.

If that is correct, you can file your N-400 now.

Hello again.. I see that you were able to view my answer a few days ago, but you did not ask any follow ups or leave me any feed back.

Please let me know how else I can help and please kindly keep in mind that we experts do not receive a salary from this website. We only receive credit when you leave a good rating for us with the stars ★★★★★. Thank you for your consideration of our work and time here.

Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney