Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

Trying to find out all the docs etc required before & during…

Customer Question
Trying to find out...

Trying to find out all the docs etc required before & during Finance visa.

Lawyer's Assistant: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?

K-1 accepted

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Filed DS-160

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

How to pay for Cuban medical exam.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
9/25/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney replied 7 months ago
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney

Hello, my name is***** & I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. I'm reviewing your question and will be with you in a few minutes.

Are you saying that you already submitted the I-129F? If yes, then what is your specific question about what documents?

What is that?
I think I started but haven't finished .
That's my financials?
When do they need?
K-1 accepted
DS-160 accepted
He needs medical exam.
Says cost $405.
Money to Cuban bank ??
So confused.
He has interview November 1.

Okay if he has an interview set up then you already submitted the I-129F and it must have been approved. That's the fiance visa form.

Those are not your financials. Your financials are the I-134.

What is your specific question?

of course fiancé application approved a while ago.
Yes submitted DS-160
Interview date 11/1
In Havana
He is supposed to get medical exam.
405 CUC to Cuban Bank ??????
Then what else before interview....
I-134 ?????
See questions above .
Also is there a special stamp required for police report ?
Great she only asked me questions.
Thought she was supposed to answer my questions ????
Immigration Lawyer: Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer

I am a different attorney.

Generally the visa applicant receives an email from the Embassy after scheduling the visa interview with all the instructions, including how to pay for the medical.

Fees for the medical will be collected, by the Embassy. Fees must be paid in cash the day of the interview. The consular cashier accepts all denominations, including $100 and $50 bills, in either currency. Please note that the total amount must be paid in only one of the accepted currencies. We cannot accept USD and CUC together. All fees are per person.

https://cu.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/immigrant-visas-consular-fees/

Has your fiance not received any instructions? It may be because the appointment is more than 30 days out and often the situation is fluid with procedures changing because of natural disasters and political issues as recently publicized

at: http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/family/fiance-k-1.html#6

The Embassy will provide instructions on or before the date of the interview on the current procedures for the panel medical exam.

If this was not received with the appointment date your fiance will be instructed to complete this at the time of the interview.

This link lists all the documents your fiance is required to bring.

https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/family/fiance-k-1.html#6

Required Documentation

You, the foreign-citizen fiancé(e), (and eligible children applying for K-2 visas) will be required to bring the following forms and documents to the visa interview:

• Completed Form DS-160, Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application. You (and any eligible children applying for K-2 visas) must: (1) complete Form DS-160 and (2) print the DS-160 confirmation page to bring to your interview.
  • A passport valid for travel to the United States and with a validity date at least six months beyond your intended period of stay in the U.S. (unless country-specific agreements provide exemptions).
  • Divorce or death certificate(s) of any previous spouse(s) for both you and the U.S. citizen sponsor
  • Police certificates from your present country of residence and all countries where you have lived for six months or more since age 16 (Police certificates are also required for accompanying children age 16 or older)
  • Medical examination (vaccinations are optional, see below)
  • Evidence of financial support (Form I-134, Affidavit of Support, may be requested)
  • Two (2) 2x2 photographs. See the required photo format explained in Photograph Requirements
  • Evidence of relationship with your U.S. citizen fiancé(e)
  • Payment of fees, as explained below

Note: The consular officer may ask for additional information, such as photographs and other proof that the relationship with your U.S. citizen fiancé(e) is genuine. Documents in foreign languages, other than the language of the country in which the application takes place, should be translated. Applicants should take to the visa interview clear, legible photocopies of civil documents and translations, such as birth and divorce certificates. Original documents and translations will be returned.

She has to get the Police Record from the Ministry of Justice. They will issue it with a seal on it so it is identifiable as an original from the agency.

Police Records

Antecedentes penales: Police and prison records are available from the Ministry of Justice. There may be a fee for this service.

I understand this is a complicated process and made more difficult because of the disruption of schedules because of the Hurricane. Let me know if you have found my answer helpful.

I hope that helps! Please let me know if you have any other questions. I appreciate this opportunity to help you. I do not receive a salary here at JustAnswer, and am only compensated for my time after receiving a rating. If you are very satisfied with my answer please take a moment to click on the 5 stars at the top of the page. The question thread remains open and you can ask follow-up questions.

Judith

We already paid $265 for D-160
It was not cash!
It was on a visa!
I Asked about paying Cuban bank 405 for medical exam!
Also it's not like you can do financials at lady second takes weeks!

I understand you paid the DS-160 online.

The medical fee per the Cuban Embassy webpage is paid on the date of the interview and she has to takie with her the money in either US or CUC

This is not something I am guessing at or making up. This is directly from the Embassy website.

I am not clear on your last sentence but since the interview is not for another month there should be time to get the cash together for the exam.

I am trying to help you. I apologize for the delayed answer. I just saw you never got an answer and wanted to make sure the information I gave you came directly from the US Embassy website page.

Judith

Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer