Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

My employer submitted the perm, in this time I lost the

Customer Question
Hi My employer submitted the perm...
Hi
My employer submitted the perm, in this time I lost the project and get new project, since the hourly. rate is low in my new project my employer reduced my salary is this will affect my perm processing or my I140.
Thanks
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
9/25/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Expert James, Lawyer replied 9 months ago
Expert James
Expert James, Lawyer

Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is***** have over 12 years of legal experience.

During this conversation, you might experience some delays while I work with several customers at the same time, or I am preparing a response to you. Please do not click Opt Out expecting a faster response. This results in more delays while waiting for another Expert. I assure you I will help you in due time. Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding.

Are you referring to the H1B job or the future green card job?

H1B job

Thank you for your patience. Your answer is below. When you get your answers, you will be asked to give a rating - 4 or 5 stars are appreciated. This is important because this is how I credit for doing my job. Don't worry, you can still ask related follow-up questions even after you've given a rating. Thank you!

ANSWER: No it does not affect PERM or I-140 directly. The H1B is a separate thing from the PERM/I-140. The PERM/I-140 is for a future job offer (after the green card is issued). The H1B is the current job. And while it is often that it is the same job and the same employer, the change in the H1B does not automatically affect the I-140/PERM.

I hope that answers your questions. Please remember to give me credit for doing my job by clicking on 4 or 5 stars at the top of your screen.

A BONUS is also appreciated if you feel I've earned one today. And remember, you can still ask follow-up questions if you need to.

If you want to talk on the phone, I am available to do that for an additional fee.

And if you have new questions in the future, you should write FOR JAMES in the question. That way, I become your personal Professional.

Thank you!

Currently I am working on H1B, my employer submitted the perm for green card in this time I lost the project and get new project, since the hourly. rate is low in my new project my employer reduced my salary is this will affect my perm processing or my I140.
In case I got my i140 in next 6 months in present company,how long I have to stay in the company to retain my i140 before moving to new company?

I have answered this question. What more information do you re

*require?

nope i am clear below that question i have another one

I see. You reposted the original question at first, so I was confused.

ANSWER: There is no time limit. The new company would file a new PERM and I-140 for you, and you can port the I-140 priority date from the original PERM/I-140. That way you don't lose time with the change of employer.

Remember that I don't get credit for doing my job if you do not give me a positive rating. Kindly do so by going to the top of this page and clicking on 4 or 5 stars. Thank you!

Hi, I’m just checking in to see how things are going. I see you have reviewed my answer but I have not received credit for it. Do you need more help? Please respond so that I know what to do next.

Thank you!