Immigration Law

Immigration Law Questions? Ask an Immigration Lawyer.

Immigration Law

I have schegule immigrant visa appointment at us london

Customer Question
Hello. I have schegule immigrant...
Hello. I have schegule immigrant visa appointment at us london embassy
JA: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?
Customer: I am already in usa on K Visa and I don't understand why they assigned me to london
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Will I need to do my medical exam and police forms again
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Immigration Law
9/25/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney replied 1 month ago
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney

Hello, my name is***** & I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. I'm reviewing your question and will be with you in a few minutes.

You already submitted the I-485 and other forms in the US?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No

Then what did they schedule the immigrant visa in response to?

What else have you filed?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Just normal emigration. We were advised wrong from the beggining.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
as I have to travel back I wonder if i can do my medical appointment in usa or if i have to do my medical again and police checks etc

Right, but I need to know what you have done in order to correct it. Take me step by step..

For example, you or your fiance filed the I-129F, it was approved. You attended the interview in your country and then you came into the US.

What has happened then and since then?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
We have filed k vida last year and I have arrived in usa Dec 2016. Our Immigration papers were submitted around same time as advices by national visa centre. No one mention adjustment of status till now although we tried to call and talk to them to give me appointment here
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am just confused. It means that i have to travel back to London, take medical, file for new police check ? Please help me to either change it or make it easier
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Fiance visa was approved of course and I am in USA since sec 2016
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
My immigration appointment is on 23rd Oct in London Embassy

No, it is not necessary for you to travel to London if you are in the US and entered with K1 visa. Have you gotten married since you arrived in the US? Have you filed any documents since you arrived in the US?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
We were already married while filing for K Visa. That was quickest way as advised by Visa Centre. They told us then to file immigration papers. No one mentioned i will have to go to London for interview. Just don't know what to do as we have already spend money on two visas
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
We have filed only any extra papers Visa Centre asked us for. And filled DS 260 with the address of living here
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
That's when I had recieved the date of my appointment in embassy London. I have tried to contact embassy but they don't deal with visa enquiries

So you did not have a fiance visa K1. That is not possible if you are married. Instead you had a K3 visa. That means that to have a K3 visa, your spouse must have filed the I-130 petition. It is likely that USCIS still believes you are in your country and that is why they are scheduling you in London.

Instead you can just file the I-485 here in the US with a copy of your I-130 receipt notice which your spouse should have.

Here is a full list of everything . You can immediately file the following forms:

I-485, I-765, I-131, i-864,. Throughout the forms, remember your spouse is the PETITIONER and you are the BENEFICIARY. This will help in filling them out. You can find all forms here http://www.uscis.gov/forms

Read the I-864 carefully and make sure your spouse's income qualifies.

Together with the forms you will also send:

-Immigration medical exam for you (find a doctor at https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=offices.type&OfficeLocator.office_type=CIV)

-6 passport style photos for you (2 for each form I485, I131, I765)

- checks or money orders $1225 made to DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY

-Copy of I-130 Receipt notice

-Copy of Marriage Certificate

--Copy of your passport biographical page

-Copy of your spouse's US passport biographical page

-Copy of your I-94 ad visa

-Copy of your birth certificate with certified translation if needed

-Documents proving that your marriage is bona fide such as: Joint children birth certificates, Joint lease agreement, joint bank accounts, joint income tax filing, joint credit cards, joint bills, joint car insurance, joint health insurance, drivers license - change address, many pictures from wedding and other events alone and with family.

AND - Your spouse's last tax returns and W-2

-If you need a joint sponsor then also an I-864 for your joint sponsor and your joint sponsor's last tax returns, W-2 and proof of US legal status.

Make a copy of your whole packet for yourself. Mail the original to:

USCIS

PO Box 805887

Chicago, IL###-##-####/p>

This is the address for Express mailing:

USCIS

Attn: FBAS

131 South Dearborn - 3rd Floor

Chicago, IL###-##-####/p>

Once you file all these documents, you will receive a receipt notice in the mail for each of the applications in 2-3 weeks. After that in about 4 weeks you will receive an appointment to have biometrics (fingerprints) taken at the local USCIS office. You should then receive a work permit and travel permit in about 3-4 months (if you filed for it). You should not travel outside the US until receiving this travel permit or the whole process will be considered abandoned. You can get a driver's license once you have the work permit.

You will later receive interview notice with immigration in about 4-5 months and then you must both attend the interview. If all goes well, you will be approved on that day and will receive green card in about 2 weeks.

I know immigration issues like these sometimes seem complicated and confusing. If at any time you would like to have a more detailed consultation by phone or if you need help with preparation or review of applications, I can send you an offer to exchange contact information so I may help you with these legal services for a reasonable fee. You don't have to decide if you would like that now, but just letting you know it's an affordable option for you to keep in mind for whenever you'd like.

Good luck to you and I hope this answer has helped you!

Please kindly now click "Finish by RATING" and choose a rating from the STARS ★★★★★. Do not worry, the question will NOT actually finish and we will NOT be done even after you click and rate me. It will stay OPEN after you rate me and I will continue to answer your follow up questions for you at no additional charge.

Hopefully you feel you can rate me 3 stars or more. Of course, 5 stars rating is the best! The stars are very important. This is how I receive a credit from what you paid the website. If you don't RATE , I receive zero credit for my time with you.

Again, if you have additional follow up questions that you would like to ask me, please Finish... and rate me and then ask me and I will be happy to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Any bonus you feel I earned is always welcomed and very appreciated :)

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you writing the words "FOR JEN MARIE" in your new post.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
there is no way I can have medical appointment here and go to London to speed up the process? I already have my working card and sc number. It literally means that we have to file all the documents again Yes?

No there is not. If you're going to conclude the process in London then you must have the medical exam done there. It's two separate processes. It's either the whole thing there or the whole thing here.

Hello again.. I see that you were able to view my answer a few days ago, but you did not ask any follow ups or leave me any feed back.

Please let me know how else I can help and please kindly keep in mind that we experts do not receive a salary from this website. We only receive credit when you leave a good rating for us with the stars ★★★★★. Thank you for your consideration of our work and time here.

Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney