Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

Pls i need help concerning my b2 status. I am about to but…

Customer Question
Hi pls i need...

Hi pls i need help concerning my b2 status

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?

I am about to but my situation is kind of complicated... i am about 32 wks pregnant now (QIUTE HEAVY). My stay in the country lapses Nov 7. I am not sure whether i would be allowed to board a plane back to my country or not. i am here with my husband and daughter. i wanted to apply for extension of stay but i and my family are already applicant for immigrant visa, we onlyour await interview date. pls what do you advice?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Not yet.. that s why i am talking to you

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No, thats basically my situation

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
9/24/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney replied 8 months ago
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 15 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

Please give me a few minutes to review your question and I will be right with you with an answer. Sorry for any delay. I may have to do some research and at the same time I read and type fast, but not that fast! Thank you for your patience.

Sorry for the delay. I just ask that if it is bad news that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

What status is your spouse in? Also B-2? If you have an immigrant process pending, who filed it for you and when did they file it? And finally, if you have the child in the U.S., will you be paying all the expenses of the birth? Keep in mind that even if you qualify for medical aid in the U.S., you are not supposed to use it if you are a visitor or you will need to pay it back if you want to visit in the future.

I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through.

Ely, Counselor at Law