Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I would like to withdraw from my ex partner application how…

Customer Question
Hi I would like...

Hi I would like to withdraw from my ex partner application how do I do this please

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

He done it through his lawyer but I spoke with him yesterday and he is trying to convince me otherwise but I would like to continue but e is not helping

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Jus how I can go about this really please

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
9/23/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 10 months ago
Nisha Jones

Good morning, I am an Immigration Law attorney and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office, and I'll be answering your questions today. Keep in mind this is for informational purposes only and we do not have an attorney-client relationship. Please allow me just a few minutes to review your question, thank you!

Immigration Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 10 months ago

I've reviewed your question, and I'm happy to help!

Has the immigration petition been approved yet, or just submitted at this point?

Immigration Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 10 months ago

If the petition has not yet been approved, in order to cancel it you just need to send a letter to USCIS, letting them know you'd like to cancel your petition.

The letter does not need to be long or complicated, just a simple note stating you want the petition cancelled.

You can should also enclose a copy of the receipt notice, if you've received one from USCIS, as it will help it trace your file quickly.

If you haven't received one yet, that's okay, just be sure to include your name and the beneficiary's name in your letter requesting the withdrawal.

You would then need to mail your letter in to whichever office is currently handling your petition.

If you are not sure which local office is handling your petition, you can contact the USCIS customer support helpline, and a USCIS representative can quickly look up your case and provide you with the correct address.

Here is the customer support number:

1(###) ###-####/p>

I hope that helps!

Please let me know if you have any other questions. Also, please take a moment to rate me using the stars at the top of the page, as it's the only way experts are compensated for our time on the site. I do not receive a salary here at JustAnswer, and am only compensated for my time after receiving a rating of 3 stars or more (5 stars are always appreciated). The question won't close after rating, so you can still ask follow-up questions after. Thanks, ***** ***** it!

Immigration Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 10 months ago

Hi! Just checking in to see if you have any more questions? I hope I was able to address all of your concerns. Please let me know, I'm here to help. Thanks!