Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

Regardign asylum. Can i file asylum after 6 years of stayin…

Customer Question
Regardign asylum Lawyer's Assistant:...

Regardign asylum

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Can i file asylum after 6 years of stayin in usa

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/23/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney replied 9 months ago
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 15 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

Please give me a few minutes to review your question and I will be right with you with an answer. Sorry for any delay. I may have to do some research and at the same time I read and type fast, but not that fast! Thank you for your patience.

Sorry for the delay. I just ask that if it is bad news that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

You can file Asylum at any time, but after 1 year of being in the U.S., it becomes very hard to win. What country are you from? Why have you waited so long?

I am on H1B and i WANT TO apply for asylum been in here in usa for past 6 years , india

It's very hard to win an Asylum if you are from India. Why have you waiting so long? Who is after you in India and why?

There was a problem with your payment. Sometimes when a credit card company or bank sees two quick charges one after the other, from the same company, they think it might be a fraud. But that's ok, we can continue here without additional charge. Why have you been waiting so long to apply? Who is after you in India and why?

Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney replied 8 months ago

I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through.

Why have you been waiting so long to apply? Who is after you in India and why?

I see that you are seeing my responses. I'd really like to help, but it is important that you respond, please.