Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I am a permanent resident from Australia, having lived my…

Customer Question
Hi, I am a...

Hi, I am a permanent resident from Australia, having lived my whole life in Tasmania. I have recently befriended a man online, thru a reliable person whom recommends this man to be of good character. We are currently boyfriend/girlfriend and we were hoping he could come to Tassie for a month, so we can further our relationship and see if it's worth pursuing, as well as me wanting to show him around Tasmania. Could you please tell me what is the procedure to follow. The Priest whom is our mutual friend, said he needs an invitational letter from me. Is this the way to go about it. Kind Regards, Linda

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?

No nothing.He is a permanent resident of Africa, and is currently there, having just returned from America and hold a tourist visa with america.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

I called mine this morning, but the receptionist said she actually doesn't deal with this sort of thing. Hence I am talking to you

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No that I can think of just yet, but I sure I will. Thank you.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
9/22/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney replied 11 months ago
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney

Hello, my name is***** & I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. I'm reviewing your question and will be with you in a few minutes.

Thank you. I am interested for an answer.

I'm sorry. This is the wrong section. This is for US law.