Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  Have attended multiple seminars involving immigration and family law.
8534270

A friend during college and under a student visa was

A friend during college and under a student visa was threatened at gun point by an individual selling illegal drugs to my roomates. He made a police report. Does this makes him eligible for a green card?

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

This has no effect on him applying for a green card.He is certainly free to do so it just doesn't help or hurt him.

Apply for a Green Card. If you are eligible, file Form I-485 - Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status with USCIS, including all supporting documents and fees. USCIS will review your application and schedule an interview with you. Once issued, your green card will be valid for 10 years.Aug 8, 2017

Green Cards and Permanent Residence in the U.S. | USAGov

Forms he needs to file for Green Card

https://www.uscis.gov/i-485

I appreciate the chance to help you and wish your friend the best with Green Card.

Thanks and thanks for rating 5 stars.