Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

Can a opt worker doing business get buisiness visa or card.

Customer Question
Can a opt worker...

Can a opt worker doing business get buisiness visa or green card

Lawyer's Assistant: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?

No plain opt

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just that how do i get GC or business visa from an opt status

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
9/22/2017
Immigration Lawyer: KLAW, Lawyer replied 9 months ago
KLAW
KLAW, Lawyer
Good evening
Our immigration laws don't provide a special green card program for just students.There is a process, the immigration laws provide F-1 students opportunities that help them on the path to permanent residence.If you are on an Optional Practical Training employment authorization for every degree they earn. Students with a bachelor’s, master’s or doctorate degree in a STEM subject (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics) qualify for an additional 17 months employment.
While working with OPT, you can ask an employer to sponsor you for an H-1B temporary professional employment status. H-1B status is available for at least six years, sometimes more. While in H-1B status, you gain the necessary experience to qualify for an employment-based immigrant visa.I hope this clarifies. Please don't forget to rate the question with stars so that I will receive credit and payment for assisting you with your question.

If you have any other questions please just ask.