Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

My mom appeared for her N400 interview on August 16. She…

Customer Question
My mom appeared for...

My mom appeared for her N400 interview on August 16. She passed the civic and writing test but falied the english understanding test. They said she will be scheduled for a second interview. How long does it take to get scheduled for the 2nd N400 interview?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?

Yes - see first answer

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/21/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney replied 11 months ago
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney

Hello, my name is***** & I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. I'm reviewing your question and will be with you in a few minutes.

She is in Dallas field office

Great, thanks for that information.

It will usually take about 4-6 weeks to get the new notice.

Good luck to you and I hope this answer has helped you!

Please kindly click "Finish by RATING" and choose a rating from the STARS ★★★★★. The question will NOT finish or close after you click and rate me. DON'T WORRY! It will stay OPEN after you rate me and I can continue to answer your follow up questions for you at no additional charge, if you have any.

Hopefully you feel you can rate me 3 stars or more. 5 stars rating is the best! The stars are very important. If you don't RATE , I receive zero credit for my time with you.

If you have additional follow up questions that you would like to ask me, again please click Finish and rate me and then ask me and I will be happy to clarify. Your satisfaction is my #1 goal.

Any bonus you feel I earned is always welcomed and very appreciated. Foe any NEW questions you have in the future, you can make sure that I am the only one that answers it for you by writing the words "FOR JEN" in your new post.

The office told us they have to give her at least 60 days before scheduling a second interview. I am hearing that it takes 5-6 months now to get a 2nd interview but I am not sure what the reality is.

5-6 months is usually how long it takes for the initial interview. I have not seen that it is taking so long for the 2nd interview. 60 days is possible if Dallas is delayed more than the usual 4-6 weeks. If that is what the officer told you then it will be a minimum of that time.

Immigration Lawyer: Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney replied 10 months ago

Hello again.. I see that you were able to view my answer a few days ago, but you did not ask any follow ups or leave me any feed back.

Please let me know how else I can help and please kindly keep in mind that we experts do not receive a salary from this website. We only receive credit when you leave a good rating for us with the stars ★★★★★. Thank you for your consideration of our work and time here.