Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

My daughter is now 27yrs old, came into US with a Visitors…

Customer Question
Hi my daughter is now...
Hi my daughter is now 27yrs old, came into US with a Visitors Visa which has expired many years ago, she has DACA, can she be able to file to Adjust to Change of Status and Apply for a Green Card now... after reading infos above, I hope that's what I interpreted that she can do to apply to become a Permanent Resident. Please advice what's her best option to do to become a Permanent Resident.Thank you
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
9/21/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney replied 8 months ago
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney

Hello, my name is***** & I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. I'm reviewing your question and will be with you in a few minutes.

We are Pacific Islander

Is she married to a US citizen?

No, she's not married
She's working and going to further College Studies , will graduate with her Masters Degree next May 2018
What's your answer to the initial 1st question??

I am preparing the answer. Please give me a few minutes.

Unfortunately I will not have good news about this. DACA alone does not allow her to adjust her status in the US. Unless she is currently married to a US citizen then no, at this point she would not be able to adjust her status and get a green card in the US. If she ever has a child in the future, the child can petition her once the child is 21. Other than that, the only other way would be marriage to a US citizen.

I"m so sorry. I wish I had better news. I hope you can understand that I don't make the laws and can't change them and I must always be honest with you. I hope you can rate me based on the information and not whether it's good or bad news.

Good luck to you and I hope this answer has helped you!

Please kindly click "Finish by RATING" and choose a rating from the STARS ★★★★★. The question will NOT finish or close after you click and rate me. DON'T WORRY! It will stay OPEN after you rate me and I can continue to answer your follow up questions for you at no additional charge, if you have any.

Hopefully you feel you can rate me 3 stars or more. 5 stars rating is the best! The stars are very important. If you don't RATE , I receive zero credit for my time with you.

If you have additional follow up questions that you would like to ask me, again please click Finish and rate me and then ask me and I will be happy to clarify. Your satisfaction is my #1 goal.

Any bonus you feel I earned is always welcomed and very appreciated. Foe any NEW questions you have in the future, you can make sure that I am the only one that answers it for you by writing the words "FOR JEN" in your new post.

Immigration Lawyer: Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney replied 7 months ago

Hello again.. I see that you were able to view my answer a few days ago, but you did not ask any follow ups or leave me any feed back. I hope that you can understand that I can't change the law and this is my job to be honest.

Please let me know how else I can help and please kindly keep in mind that we experts do not receive a salary from this website. We only receive credit when you leave a good rating for us with the stars ★★★★★. Thank you for your consideration of our work and time here.

Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney