Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

Am trying to find solutions to.. Not yet, No, I prefer ex…

Customer Question
Am trying to find...

Am trying to find solutions to..

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?

Not yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I prefer ex

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
9/21/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney replied 9 months ago
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney

Hello, my name is***** & I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. I'm reviewing your question and will be with you in a few minutes.

How can I help? What is your question?

Hello my name is ***** ***** a Nigerian who came to united state in April with a B2 visa, so my six months legal stay expires next month but my Visa has already expire in September, can i still file for my green card after my marriage next month?
I prefer text messages than call please

No problem. That is the website that offers you the call. I will answer you here.

If your marriage is to a US citizen, then yes, it's no problem. You can still apply for a green card here inside the US even if your 6 months expires next month. Try to do this as soon as possible so that you do not spend time in illegal status.

I know immigration issues like these sometimes seem complicated. If at any time you would like to have a more detailed consultation by phone or if you need help with preparation or review of applications for your green card later, I can send you an offer to exchange contact information so I may help you with these legal services for a reasonable fee. You don't have to decide if you would like that now, but just letting you know it's an affordable option for you to keep in mind for whenever you'd like.

-----------------

Good luck to you and I hope this answer has helped you!

Please kindly click "Finish by RATING" and choose a rating from the STARS ★★★★★. The question will NOT finish or close after you click and rate me. DON'T WORRY! It will stay OPEN after you rate me and I can continue to answer your follow up questions for you at no additional charge, if you have any.

Hopefully you feel you can rate me 3 stars or more. 5 stars rating is the best! The stars are very important. If you don't RATE , I receive zero credit for my time with you.

If you have additional follow up questions that you would like to ask me, again please click Finish and rate me and then ask me and I will be happy to clarify. Your satisfaction is my #1 goal.

Any bonus you feel I earned is always welcomed and very appreciated. Foe any NEW questions you have in the future, you can make sure that I am the only one that answers it for you by writing the words "FOR JEN" in your new post.

What if i stay illegal up to six months? Can i still apply for my green card
Immigration Lawyer: Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney replied 8 months ago

You are still fine even up to 6 months. But keep in mind that the longer you are without status, the longer you are at risk if immigration were to stop you. You have no status until you submit the green card application.

I hope this helps you and I hope you can now leave a good rating with the stars. That is very important for me. Thanks.

Hello again.. I see that you were able to view my answer a few days ago, but you did not ask any follow ups or leave me any feed back.

Please let me know how else I can help and please kindly keep in mind that we experts do not receive a salary from this website. We only receive credit when you leave a good rating for us with the stars ★★★★★. Thank you for your consideration of our work and time here.