Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
7286322

I need to submit a petition for my Mother, but I am only a

Customer Question

I need to submit a petition for my Mother, but I am only a Permanent Resident and not Citizen. I am wondering how I can do this?
JA: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?
Customer: Not yet.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I immigrated to the US with a Special Immigrant Visa
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 month ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 15 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

Please give me a few minutes to review your question and I will be right with you with an answer. Sorry for any delay. I may have to do some research and at the same time I read and type fast, but not that fast! Thank you for your patience.please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

Sorry for the delay. I just ask that if it is bad news that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

Unfortunately, it's probably going to be bad news because the law states that you have to be a U.S. Citizen to petition for a parent. What country is she from? What level of education does she have? Which category of Special immigrant did you get your visa through? How long have you been a Lawful Permanent Resident? Does she have money to invest? How much?

Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 27 days ago.

I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through.

What country is she from? What level of education does she have? Which category of Special immigrant did you get your visa through? How long have you been a Lawful Permanent Resident? Does she have money to invest? How much?

Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 26 days ago.

I see that you are seeing my responses. I would really like to help, but it is important that you respond.