Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I have h1b visa and Its valid till sept 2018. My Employment…

Customer Question
Hi My name is*****...
Hi My name is***** and I have h1b visa and Its valid till sept 2018 .
My Employment contract is going to end by 30 Sept 2017 .
My employer is Asking me to find new contract or Go back to India(My Home Country).
Is there any Grace Period for me to find new Job or H1b visa Transfer.My Spouse has H1b visa with I140 Approved and can I go on H4 visa (dependent) Visa and find any job on h4 EAD.what will be status of My h1b visa and Can I come back to h1b visa anytime .
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
9/20/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney replied 9 months ago
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney

Hello, my name is***** & I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. I'm reviewing your question and will be with you in a few minutes.

Yes, there is a 60 day grace period. You can try to find another job to transfer while you are those 60 days or if you do not find one, you can also apply to change your status to H4 and then apply for EAD. If you find a job later and wish to return to H1B, yes you can petition to change your status back to H1B.

Good luck to you and I hope this answer has helped you!

Please kindly click "Finish by RATING" and choose a rating from the STARS ★★★★★. The question will NOT finish or close after you click and rate me. DON'T WORRY! It will stay OPEN after you rate me and I can continue to answer your follow up questions for you at no additional charge, if you have any.

Hopefully you feel you can rate me 3 stars or more. 5 stars rating is the best! The stars are very important. If you don't RATE , I receive zero credit for my time with you.

If you have additional follow up questions that you would like to ask me, again please click Finish and rate me and then ask me and I will be happy to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Any bonus you feel I earned is always welcomed and very appreciated. If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I am the one that answers it for you by writing the words "FOR JEN MARIE" in your new post.

Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney